Right around my last blog post (right at a month ago), we found a sweet, sweet puppy at our church. She was incredibly thin and malnourished and it was right around one of those times when it was pretty chilly. I somehow convinced Bailey to let us take her home for at least a night or two. I took her to the vet the next morning to have her checked out. The vet said she looked to be about four months old, possibly a hound and/or boxer mix. It appeared as though she was probably dumped by someone. We were going to think it over the next week or so, whether we wanted to keep her or not, and, of course, we decided to keep her. Neither of us could bear to give her away. So we now have two "babies"--Lula and Wrigley. We were hoping to get another dog (a bigger one) in the next year or so, so this worked out perfectly.
Lula and Wrigley waiting to come inside on one of our "snow" days.
School has been back in full swing since the first full week of January--for the most part anyways. I haven't yet had a full week due to a conference, snow days, and a holiday. And I'm really hoping this wintry mix is coming and we won't be at school tomorrow. (I love my job, but I'm just a kid at heart and love any sort of "snow" day--even if there's not a whole lot of snow!)
There hasn't been much else going on. We're still trying to work on things here and there for the house. We are currently planning/beginning to work on a room for me that's going to become a closet/craft room. I'm just trying to decide what color to paint it. I'd love any suggestions!

No comments:
Post a Comment