Two posts in one day. Unbelievable, I know. But I've promised to share a few recipes, so I'm going to do just that. I'm not exactly sure where I found these (I'm horrible at writing down where I got recipes from--trying to improve on that). I believe they both came from here, but I could be mistaken. Both are crockpot recipes and super easy--my faves! And, once again, I apologize in advance for not having pictures of either of these dishes.
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
1 chuck roast
rootbeer
a couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar
BBQ sauce ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T. chopped onion
4 T. chili sauce
4 T. mustard
2 T. brown sugar
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. butter
Put roast in crock pot and pour enough rootbeer on top to cover the entire roast. Spoon a couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar on top.
Cook on low heat all day, for at least 10 hours. (I cooked it on high for about 3 hours and low for about 7)
When finished, drain & shred with a fork.
Boil all the sauce ingredients together & pour over meat. Serve with french rolls for a sandwich or all by itself for a yummy meal.
Zesty Crockpot Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 c. water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 t. parsley
1 pkg Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing mix
1 pkg cream cheese
Place chicken in crock pot. Blend soup, dressing mix, water ans parsley, add to crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
One hour before serving, add the package of cream cheese. (I would do this at least 1 1/2-2 hours before. I added mine one hour prior to serving and it hadn't melted completely. Also, might want to soften it some.)
Serve over rice or noodles. ( I served it over noodles---sooo good! And was even better for leftovers.)
Bailey doesn't always love when I try new recipes but he really liked both of these. Enjoy!
Her Last Meet the Teacher
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment