On New Year's Eve (while spending the evening at home with Bailey's family) we noticed Sidney wasn't quite acting like herself. She started running fever the next day and I'd noticed she had been tugging at her ears some. So, the next day we went to the doctor. And, of course, double ear infection. We started an antibiotic and got to feeling better pretty quickly.
Shortly after she finished her antibiotic, she ran a low-grade fever here and there. She was finally starting to get her first tooth so I didn't think much of it. We spent most of the weekend with Bailey's family as everyone was in town. Saturday night when we got home, Sidney was running a fever of 102.3. She didn't have fever Sunday morning but that night it was 103.4. I assumed it was her ears again because she'd been tugging at them some more. Thankfully Monday was a holiday.
The doctor checked her ears and there was still some pressure but he said he wanted to check her for the flu, just in case (even though she'd had a flu shot). Positive, type A. Since we caught it early enough they gave her TamiFlu to help with some of the symptoms. Olivia kept Sidney for us Tuesday. Well, Bailey ended up going to the doctor and tested positive for the flu as well. I stayed home with them on Wednesday to make sure everyone got plenty of rest. Thankfully they both recovered fairly quickly and I did not get it!
No comments:
Post a Comment