Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Day in Our Life: Summertime

Here's what a summer's day at home looks like for Sidney and me. I wake up 6ish. (Remember Bailey's already up and at the gym--they start at 5). When Bailey gets home, I go for a run (some days, not everyday). We get Sidney up anywhere between 7 and 8, depending on what the day holds. Then Bailey heads to work. We eat breakfast (Sidney usually has cereal/oatmeal with fruit), I have a devotional time, and then it's playtime! 

We try to head outside and play while we can before the day heats up. 
Or she may sit in the high chair a little while longer while she "draws."
Here she is playing with two of her absolute most favorite toys--an Easter egg and a little barrel from a set of nesting barrels. (And take notice of that little bow that is IN her hair. She has just enough for us to clip some smaller bows in.)
Sidney goes down for a nap mid-morning and will usually sleep 1 1/2-2 hours. I try to get housework/crafts/shower/whatever else done during nap time. Sometimes it may include a nap for me too :)

Then comes lunchtime and most days, thankfully, Bailey joins us. A majority of days, Sidney eats a sandwich with fruit and/or veggies. On this particular day she chose to finally pick it up herself and take a bite. Such a big girl!
Then comes more playtime. You may notice several pictures without clothes. If we don't have anywhere to go, I just assume leave her in her diaper. Why waste an outfit and add to the laundry pile??
And of course, there's some teething mixed in the bunch. We're up to nine teeth. Sidney will take a second nap in the afternoon, again typically lasting 1 1/2-2 hours. Much like earlier in the day, I tackle whatever's on my to-do list while she naps.
Then we're back up and ready to go again. Sidney will either watch TV or play in the kitchen with me while I get things ready for dinner. (On those rare evenings this summer when I have actually cooked).
Bailey usually makes it home around 5. We will eat dinner not too long after that and then have some family time just going whatever--playing, reading books, watching TV.  If Sidney happens to need a bath, she gets one right before we get her ready for bed. We'll "brush" her teeth, then read her a Bible story before putting her to bed. Sidney's bedtime has been pretty lax this summer but usually she's in bed by 8. 

The only variation to our "home" days are the days when I go to the gym to workout at 8. On those days (when Sidney is not going to BB's), she goes with her daddy to work and has a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment