Christmas is quickly approaching and I couldn't be more excited. It is absolutely my most favorite time of the year. Here's why:
1. The reason we celebrate--God gave us his precious baby Jesus.
2. My favorite color is red and it's pretty much anywhere and everywhere during the Christmas season. (Green runs a close second!)
3. You get to spend time with family and friends you don't often see throughout the year. (Or you at least get to spend more time with them.)
4. Food, get-togethers, homemade candy/cookies, parties--what's not to love?
5. I suppose I should mention that I will now get to celebrate my anniversary at this time of the year. I always dreamed of a Christmas wedding and my dream came true last December!
6. Giving gifts, and, yes, receiving them too--both are lots of fun.
7. A break from school/work--who doesn't love a little extra time off?
8. I once again mention the reason we celebrate, Jesus. He came to give His life so that we may have life.
I could go on and on with more reasons, but I guess I'll stop.
Hobby Lobby, of course, had their Christmas stuff out in the middle of the summer. I've already been a few times to look at all the wonderful things they have. Over this last week, Wal-Mart has begun to put their Christmas stuff out. I went this afternoon just to look. I've been refraining from any impulses to buy anything. The only Christmas decor I've bought this year was some net/ribbon stuff at Mistletoe Madness a few weeks ago. I can hardly wait to get all the Christmas stuff unpacked. I can't really remember what I have--between leftover wedding decor, wedding gifts, and the things I have acquired from after-Christmas sales.
I have a question for the few of you that may read this thing. I don't have a tree topper for our new (big) tree. I had a star for the smaller tree I had in my apartment. When I asked Bailey if he wanted a star or an angel, his preference was an angel, but I haven't been able to find one I'm crazy about. The tree has white lights and all of the ornaments are predominantly red, green, and silver, and most of them have glitter. So, to my question--what do you have on top of your Christmas tree: angel, star, something else??
Her Last Meet the Teacher
1 week ago
I make a huge bow and top my tree with that, then weave the ribbon throughout the tree. Sooo pretty!
ReplyDeleteWe did an angel the first year, but she was so heavy she continually fell off. Since then we've used a star (which I'm not crazy about) and put those glittery, curly sticks all around the top. Every year I say, "I'm buying a new topper the day after Christmas," but I never do! Maybe I'll do it this year...
ReplyDelete