Tuesday, April 17, 2012

38 Weeks


Size of Baby: The size of a pumpkin; over 19 1/2 inches long and almost 7 pounds (that's average, but according to a previous doctor's appointment we think Sidney is probably bigger)

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes. My feet continue to swell--the last two days I've only been able to wear one particular pair of flip flops

Gender: It's a girl--Sidney Katherine (we're not real sure if we will just call her Sidney or Sidney Kate)

Belly Button In/Out: Pretty flat

Movement: She's slowed down a bit. She pretty much just pushes around trying to find some room to stretch out. Once again, she doesn't like when I lay on my left side. She doesn't kick/punch like she did before but she seems to shift her whole body to my left side when I try to lay down.

Sleep: Every night is different. Some nights it's easy to get to sleep, others not so much. I'm still getting some sleep though.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach; simple, mundane things such as bending over easily or putting my shoes on easily; not having to go to the bathroom constantly

Cravings/Aversions: No aversions. Anything has sounded good this last week. I have been really thirsty again and about anything is good--water, coke, orange juice, grape juice. This last week or so I've rediscovered my love for the Clear American flavored water (my favorite flavors are the black cherry and mandarin orange).

Symptoms: Backaches and tired feet, all depending on what I've done that day and where/how I've been sitting. My left ankle is pretty much nonexistant for all but an hour or two in the morning.

Best Moment This Week: I think I can finally say we pretty much have her room completed, except for something Uncle Mickey had made for us to hang on the wall and adding a few pictures to some frames.

What I am looking forward to: This sweet girl's arrival.

Update from Doctor's Appointment: No change from last week. Apparently walking a 5K did nothing to help things along. An induction will be scheduled for Friday, May 4 if she doesn't make her appearance before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment