Sunday, April 14, 2013

Warrior Weekend 5K 2013

Left: 2012-walked@38 weeks pregnant. Right: 2013-ran while pushing SK.
Saturday was the 2nd Annual Warrior Weekend 5K. Last year Bailey and I walked it. (I was nearly 38 weeks pregnant!) Bailey signed us up a little while back for this year's. I assumed he would run and I would do my best to run/walk while pushing Sidney in the stroller. I tried to get out as much as I could in the last month to "train" (for lack of a better word). I ran several times by myself and a couple times with Sidney. His dad has been having "practice" 5K's for the last month or two so we decided to do that last week. Bailey and I ran together while pushing Sidney. I pushed her for about the first mile and he pushed her the last 2. The goal that day was for me to run the whole thing, and it happened! Well, then comes the real deal. Bailey started out running with us, then took off (which was perfectly fine with me). I kept at it, fairly steadily, and actually ran the entire 5K, while pushing Sidney. Bailey finished in 25:11 and Sidney and I in 31:30.
Loving on Casey before the 5K

"Running" with Daddy afterwards

 (Keep scrolling for two other blog updates below).

No comments:

Post a Comment