Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Oh What a Night!

((Are you singing that song in your head yet???))

Yesterday was a looooong day. I had a professional development most of the day, followed by a SPED meeting and then "Meet the Teacher" night. Thankfully dinner had been prepped (and mostly cooked) the day before so Bailey just had to finish it up when he got home (and I just had to warm it up when I finally got in). I was able to sit and relax for a few minutes with Sidney and Bailey before we put her to bed. And then.....

(Warning: If you get nauseated easily and/or don't care for "bodily function" stories, or if you're about to eat, you may want to stop reading now.)

We put Sidney to bed like we do any other night. We haven't been putting her in pajamas, we just let her sleep in her diaper. Well, she had been playing, laughing, and talking to herself for a little while (which she often does). She got quiet for a few minutes and then was kind of fussy (this fussy was a little different than usual.) So, naturally, I go to check on her.

I get to her doorway and it hits me. She has a dirty diaper. But NO. Not JUST a dirty diaper. She has taken her diaper off and has been "playing." It was ALL over her sheet, blankets, Ruthie bear, and her crib. And she was covered in it, literally from head to toe! All I could do was laugh! I called Bailey and he could smell it as he came through the living room. He could just tell what had happened.

Naturally, as any good mother would do, I grabbed my phone and camera to snap a few pictures. (I'll spare you those.) Then we quickly got into cleaning mode. He gave her a couple baths while I tackled her bed. It took a little bit but we got everything, including Sidney, cleaned up. Then it was bedtime all-around. Oh what a night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment