Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SK Turns Two

We held Sidney Kate's birthday party on the Friday night right before her birthday. I decided the "theme" of her birthday would be cows and pink. ((She got these two big animal books at Christmas that have become her favorites--the one with the cow on front in particular. She often asks for her "moo" book.)) I did my best to keep things fairly simple. 
I got this super cute invitation on etsy. Her shirt came from Cody's Boutique. I was super pleased with the shirt. It looks just like it did online and was exactly what I wanted. I also bought her some pink ruffle leggings from Simplicity Couture (they were very cute but the ruffles started falling off the second time she wore them). 
I made the cupcake stands from inexpensive clear plates and candle holders that I glued together and then spray painted white. I bought the cake stand before her party last year.
I made the cake and cupcakes. It was chocolate cake with buttercream icing and crushed oreos for the spots. (I used this recipe for the cupcakes and icing). Surprisingly, I actually found the "2" candle at Walmart!
I bought an "Old McDonald" book at the book fair at school and used it as the guestbook.
To makes things pretty easy on us, we decided to pick up Memphis BBQ to feed everyone. It was delicious as always!
The party was just family but even the "immediate" family is kinda big so there were gifts galore. Sidney enjoyed opening gifts and looking at everything she got. She got lots of goodies--clothes, water toys, two new dolls, a pearl added to her necklace, and various other things. 
I'd say she was quite happy with the baby :)
A little photo op with Auntie Olivia and Uncle William
Some time after everyone left, I found her in her room reading her Bible to her baby...doesn't get much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment