Well, it's come again--the end of summer. We started our last day of summer just like we started our first day--at the donut shop. This time Bailey joined us.
After donuts, we made our Walmart trip and then came home. Sidney Kate had a little picnic snack while I worked in the kitchen.
Then we had some playtime in her room.
After her nap, we went to Net's to swim and catch up with some friends from high school, Julia and Kara. It was so great seeing them and SK and I got to meet Julia's girls.
SK and I spent most of the day Saturday around the house while Bailey and Jon worked on their capstone/dissertation thing. Bailey and I went to a friends wedding on Saturday night (no pictures to document). Sunday afternoon, the guys got back together to work some more. After SK's nap we made a trip to Sonic to get them a little pick-me-up.
Some of the things SK is saying/learning these days:
-"Shoo fly! Don't bother me!"
-"Sidney Kate or Sidney Hunt"
-She'll call us "Mama Hunt" or "Daddy Hunt"
-"Where go dada?" "What you doin dada?"
-"Get out me mama" (asking me to get her out of her seat, etc.)
-She can tell you how old she is and has finally learned to do "two" on her fingers
-She's learned the phrases "not yet" and "in a minute" (and knows how to use them appropriately)
-I was recently talking to her about the moon and for at least the next 3 days, she asked to go look at the moon; she's started to do the same with the sun. She picks up on things almost instantly.
-Most mornings, I've had Sidney help me check the mail. If I forgot about it (or even if we'd already done it), she'd ask to "check mail."
-She loves all the music from Frozen, especially "Let it Go." Mr. Jeff jokes with her and sings it, "let it be" and she corrects him...it's hilarious!
-Sometime during the summer, Mr. Jeff (G-daddy) starting calling Tater Head. She wouldn't have it and started calling him Tater. He is no longer G-daddy and is now officially Tater.






No comments:
Post a Comment