I have not forgotten about blogging, I just haven't had the time (or on some days, taken the time) to sit down and post anything. It's also pretty likely that I haven't had a whole lot to talk about.
We are still settling into the house, very slowly unpacking things. And, of course, trying to prepare for Christmas. I am nearly finished with the shopping.
We haven't had a whole lot of anything else going on. Bailey was in our church's annual "Winter Rose." It was a play with the choir singing between some of the scenes. Then last week we went to a Christmas party held by the Appraisal Institute, an organization Bailey is a member of. It was held at a restaurant in downtown Memphis called Felicia Suzanne's. It had a really great atmosphere and the food was wonderful. It was also lots of fun to get all dressed up.
This past Friday night we did a little Christmas shopping. We stopped at some of the regular places--Target, Old Navy, Marshall's and then we braved Wal-Mart in Southaven.That's not ever a great idea. It was a madhouse. Of course they only had about 5 lines open in the front so they were all as long as they usually are on Black Friday--wrapped around half the store. We found the few things we needed and went to check out in electronics. Bailey was making some casual conversation with the cashier and then the cashier made the comment, "Tonight the animals are lose. Don't feed them." It was very amusing at the time, but we were probably a bit delirious.
Saturday I had a Christmas party with all my girlfriends from college. It was lots of fun. We ate, swapped gifts, ate, played games, and ate some more. Pictures will come soon.
On Sunday we went to a cast party/lunch for all those that were in the play and their families. We had lots of good food. I made green bean bundles and they were a big hit. I think I brought home two.
Since then, I think all I've done is eat. And it won't stop anytime soon.
Tomorrow is my last day of work and then I've got two wonderful weeks off. We're having a potluck lunch and revealing Secret Santa. Tomorrow night is our Sunday School Christmas party/baby shower. Then on Saturday Bailey and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. It's so hard to believe it's been a year.
More posts should follow soon--possibly with pictures of Christmas decor and maybe even a few wedding pics.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment