Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary

One year ago today I married my best friend.


It was perfect and absolutely beautiful, but I am a bit biased.

I'd always hoped for a Christmas wedding and since he proposed in February, we had just enough time to plan our Christmas wedding. It was simple and elegant (in my opinion). I had a beautiful bouquet of calla lillies and roses in deep red. My bridesmaids carried bouquets of white roses and daises. Bailey's boutonniere was a red rose and the groomsmen had a white daisy. The only decorations in the sanctuary, other than what is already provided by the church, were two flower arrangements (seen below), two candlelabras, and a few pew markers.


My beautiful bridesmaids.


The guys holding me up.


A real one with the groomsmen.


My bridesmaids being silly with Bailey.


And a serious one with him.



Bailey and his groomsmen.



Playing a little football with my bouquet.



With my family.



With his family.



With all the beautiful bouquets.



I saw this idea somewhere and I had to try it.



In front of the sanctuary.



My bouquet. The lace wrapped around the bouquet was from the had my mother wore with her wedding gown. The pin on it is my maternal grandmother's--it was made with her and my grandfather's ring after their 50th wedding anniversary. These two things composed my old and borrowed.

My cake. It alternated layers--buttercream and strawberry.



Bailey's chocolate cake.



They threw "snow" as we left.



Off to change and then begin our honeymoon!


Happy anniversary Bailey! This year has been incredible and I can't wait for all the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment